Thoughtful people make a distinction between those who are devoted to the tenets of Islam and those who weaponize those tenets for political influence. We call the former Islam, and the latter Islamists. Islamists are extremist fundamentalists whose practical philosophy contradicts Islam’s core teachings. What we often fail to recognize is the parallel phenomenon in Christianity, between followers of Christ and Christian nationalists.
- Abortion survivor hopes her story spurs support for mothers in need
- Care for nature, pope tells world leaders at climate summit
- Pope Francis meets with Legionaries of Christ leader
- Pope Francis: The biggest defeat for an athlete is to not play as a team
- On Earth Day, Pope Francis says the world is ‘at the limit’